Thursday, November 6, 2014

To hear the Unseen


 Comics are a means of therapy, one can imagine to do whatever he or she wants to do, the focus is shifted and we no longer are told what we cannot do. We begin to see that we can do anything, as long as we put our mind to it. This is something that continues to get me through dark times, and people believe in me in that I want to share what I have learned to all comic lovers, even the blind.

A few years ago, a former Lifeworks employee helped me record my original disabled super human trilogy, so I can offer an audio version to the blind. Another former employee helped me find a company who would offer my audio files, and I called Learning Alley, formerly Recording For the Blind And Dyslexic, RFB&D, to see if people actually do comic book recordings. The answer was some, just like plenty of the vivid detail left out from the comic book and the actual comic book script.

My education about comic book script writing has expanded since furthering my education at Little Fish Comic Book Studio in Ocean Beach. Recently, my educator, Alonso Nunez, had a meeting with KPBS, and he exclaimed that a woman asked him if there are comics for the blind. My scripts are available for anyone and everyone, with visual or auditory problems. In reality there is no disability, we must focus on what we still have and use it to our advantage.

After the first year of the birth of Little Fish, Nunez lost his business partner. This led to new approaches, a new work schedule and new collaborated ideas.  Comic Invasion began actually meaning something, www.comicinvasion.org picked up new character graphic novel titles, such as: Lady G On Fire, Thy Kingdom Come, Round 2 and Kraken. The scripts are written and being edited.

An artist and funding is something I lack, but anyone's support would be greatly appreciated. This can be done at no charge to you, just simply log on to my site, and join the (ICN) Independent Comic Network for free. This network lets you write anything and everything about comics to any member around the world. Perhaps you can meet someone who knows someone who would be interested in funding Comic Invasion. You can also donate whatever you can afford to the PayPal button found at the bottom of the site's page. I thank you all for your generous donations in advance.

Written by Alan Wubenhorst

No comments:

Post a Comment